a weekend in colorado
A few weeks ago Brian and I hopped on a plane to Denver to visit our college friends Adam and Loren. After just 3 days in Denver I can now see clearly why we haven't been successful in talking them into moving back to Ohio. In no particular order, here's an almost guaranteed incomplete list of things that I fell in love with in Colorado:
- Hiking and overall being in awe of nature's beauty at Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Drinking all of the Colorado pale and amber ales at Left Hand Brewery, Wyncoop Brewing Company, and a couple of other local bars.
- My first Voodoo Donut experience - two thumbs up for a yeast donut topped with white icing, crumbled oreos, then drizzled with peanut butter.
- Shopping for yarn and feeling inspired at Fancy Tiger Crafts
- Sipping wine and noshing at Linger, a neat restaurant that used to be a mortuary - but thankfully had none of the smells I remember from PT school cadaver lab.
- Big. Blue. Bear. I'm a total sucker for any and all animal sculptures/art.